If you are also struggling to change Fortnite name, you have come to the right place. Many of us whimsically create Fortnite accounts with a random name. But when they start liking the game, they want to put some thoughtful display name. This article is all about how to change Fortnite name.
Players in Fortnite work together to survive in an open-world environment by battling other characters controlled by the game or by other players. ‘Save the World,’ a single-player or cooperative (played with friends) mode, involves fighting off zombie-like creatures.
Many individuals test Fortnite just to see what all the commotion is about because of its immense popularity. Then they get stuck with how to change Fortnite’s name. This guide will show you how to change your Fortnite name on all platforms.
In This Article
How To Change Fortnite Name On Android Device?
If you’re playing Fortnite on your mobile device, you can easily change Fortnite name. Because the game does not have its own website and instead relies on the Epic Games webpage for all of its settings, you will have to change it there.
Steps to Change Fortnite name on Android –
- Open your mobile browser of choice and go to the Fortnite site.
- Tap the three lines icon at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Sign in.
- Tap the icon of your desired sign-in method.
- Enter your username and password, then tap on Log In Now. Once signed in, you will be back on the home page.
- Tap on the three lines icon at the upper right of the screen.
- Tap on your username.
- On the menu that appears, tap on Account.
- Scroll down to Account Settings. You will see your display name greyed out.
- Tap on the edit button to the right of it. It is the blue pencil button.
You can skip the login part if you already have an account.
Also, read How to Enable http //fortnite.com/2fa (Fortnite Two Factor Authentication)?
How To Change Fortnite Name On Xbox One?
The display names of console users are not linked to their Epic Games accounts. They are instead reliant on console service providers. This means that your Xbox Gamertag is linked to your Fortnite display name on Xbox One. It is important to note that changing your Xbox Gamertag affects all games, not just Fortnite. To change your Fortnite name, take these steps:
Steps to Change Fortnite name on Xbox One –
- Using your controller, hold down the Xbox button.
- Navigate to Profile & System, then choose your existing Gamertag.
- Choose My Profile.
- Select Customize Profile.
- Under the Choose new Gamertag tab, type in the new Gamertag you want. Alternatively, you can choose one of the suggested Gamertags given. You can choose More suggestions if you want to see another set of suggested usernames.
- Select Check Availability to see if the Gamertag is already taken. If it is, choose another name, or edit it, so it becomes unique. If it is not being used by anyone else, confirm your selection.
- You can now navigate out of the system’s screen.
How To Change Gamertag Using A Browser?
Changing the Gamertag is important if you want to change Fortnite name on Xbox One.
Steps To Change Gamertag Using a Browser –
- On your net browser, open your Microsoft Account.
- Click on your username.
- Scroll down and click on Go to your Xbox Profile.
- Click on Customize Profile.
- Click on the Change Gamertag icon to the right of your Gamertag.
- Alternatively, you can proceed directly to the change Gamertag screen by clicking on this link.
- Enter your new Gamertag, then click on Check Availability. If it’s not, change it until you get one. Otherwise, click on Change Gamertag.
- Your Gamertag should now be changed.
Also, read Now.gg Fortnite | Play Fortnite Online For Free On A Browser
How To Change Fortnite Name On PS4?
The PlayStation 4 uses the PSN Name as the game’s username, similar to the Xbox. To change it in Fortnite, you must change your PSN name. Remember that this affects all of your other games on the PlayStation Network. Follow the below-written steps to change Fortnite name on PS4.
Steps to Change Fortnite name on PS4 –
- On the home page of your PS4, navigate to Settings.
- Choose Account Management from the menu.
- Select Account Information.
- Scroll down and then select Profile.
- Choose an Online ID.
- Click I Accept on the window that appears. Do remember that you are changing the name of your entire PSN account. Any other game whose progression is tied to that ID may have its records wiped. If you’re ok with this, click on Continue.
- You will be able to enter your new Online ID here. You can do this now or choose one of the suggestions on the right. If you want to see more suggestions, click on Refresh.
- Once you have typed in your new Online ID, click on Confirm. If the ID isn’t available, you will need to enter a new one until you find one that is not in use.
- Navigate out of this screen. Your name should now have been changed.
Also, read How to Hit an Opponent While Wolfscent is Active in Fortnite | Benefits Of Wolfscent
How To Change Online ID On A Browser?
Changing your online ID is important if you want to change Fortnite name on PS4.
Steps To Change Gamertag Using a Browser –
- Open your PlayStation Network Account. From the menu, choose PSN Profile.
- Click on the edit button beside your Online ID.
- Enter your desired Online ID or choose from the given suggestions.
- Follow the prompts that appear. Once you’ve changed your Online ID, click on confirm.
Also, read How To Turn Into A Werewolf In Fortnite | Find Alteration Alter Locations!
How To Change Fortnite Name On Windows or Mac?
Changing the display name on a PC or Mac is quite similar, as it is done via the Epic Games website. Follow the below-written steps to change Fortnite name on Windows or Mac.
Steps to Change Fortnite name on Windows or Mac –
- Proceed to the Epic Games website using the browser of your choice.
- Hover over your username. It is located on the upper right portion of the webpage. On the menu that appears, click on Account.
- On the Generals tab, you will find your Display Name under Account Info. Click on the Edit button beside it.
- On the window that appears, enter your new Display Name, then click on Confirm.
- Your Display Name should now be changed. You can now close the website.
Also, read How to Get Ash Williams in Fortnite |Fortnitemares 2022 Ash Williams’ Skin
How To Change Fortnite Name on a Nintendo Switch?
The Epic Games account Display names are also used in Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch. To change it, go to the Epic Games website. You can do this by visiting the page on a PC, Mac, or mobile device. After you’ve opened the site, follow the steps outlined above for changing usernames on a PC.
So, this was all about how to change Fortnite name. Keep sharing this article on how to change Fortnite’s name with your fellow gamers. Also, stay tuned to the Path Of EX website for more such details. Happy Gaming!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Changing Your Fortnite Username Free?
The answer to this depends on what platform you’re using. If you are using the mobile version, android or iOS, then it’s completely free of charge. This is also true for the Nintendo Switch version. The PC Version offers a free name change as well. Because editing your username is tied to Epic Games, you won’t have to pay for any additional display name changes you make.
The same is not true if you’re using the console versions for Xbox and PS4. Editing your account name will only be free of charge if you are altering your Gamertag or PSN name for the first time. Any additional changes will need to be paid for. Both Xbox and PlayStation charge fees for additional edits after the first. Each change currently costs $10.00 per edit on both platforms.
2. How Often Can You Change Your Fortnite Username?
If you are changing your username using the Epic Games account, you can do it once every two weeks. This means that if you are using Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, or PC, you will have to wait two weeks after every change.
3. How To Change Your Username For Fortnite on iPhone?
Changing usernames on a mobile is not platform-dependent as the change occurs on the Epic Games Accounts page and not on the app. To change your username on an iPhone, follow the instructions given above. They are one and the same. The only difference is that you are using Safari instead of another web browser.