Table of Contents
Want to know how to Factory Reset PS5 or PS4? Sony’s new PlayStation is the PlayStation 5, and they did make a lot of improvements this time. But every gadget has some kind of software that makes it work, and software sometimes has bugs. We run into bugs, and until they are fixed, it can be a problem. This information could be of use. Here, we’ll talk about how to hard reset a PS5 to fix most small software problems. Not every problem can be fixed by a hard reset, especially if the trouble is with the hardware.
But if you know for sure that the problem is with the software, a hard restart might help. So let’s get started without further ado. You should know that this will reset your PS5 to factory settings, which will delete all the data on the system. So, you shouldn’t try to fully reset PS5 before you’ve thought about it. If you plan to sell your PS5, resetting it to stock settings is a good way to keep your personal information from getting into the wrong hands. We’ll demonstrate how to Factory Reset PS5 or PS4.
What is a factory reset?
Factory reset is the term for removing all user data from an electronic device and putting it back to the way it was when it was made. It is a software restore, and its goal is to return the software on the device to how it was set up by the maker. A factory reset can be used to fix some software problems or just to erase all of the user’s info from the device. When you do a factory reset, all the user data, third-party apps, program data, and settings on the device are removed.
It is like reformatting the hard drive on a computer. But info on other media, like a secure digital card, won’t be lost when you do a factory reset. There are many ways to do a factory reset, and most of them rely on the electronic device. In some cases, the factory reset choice can be found in the device’s service menu. In other cases, a special button must be pressed or the software must be reinstalled from scratch.
Why might you need to factory reset your PS5 or PS4?
The PS5 can be fixed if you reset your system. Some users have had trouble downloading material, for example. Try a hard restart on your PS5 if it isn’t working right. If you want to sell your PS5, you should do a factory restart so that the new owner can set it up with their own account. There are several reasons why you might need to reset your PS4 or PS5 to stock settings. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Console Issues: If your console is experiencing problems like freezing, crashing, or not turning on.
- Factory Restart: Consider performing a factory restart to potentially fix the issues.
- Preparing for Sale or Giveaway: If you plan to sell or give away your console, it is advisable to factory reset it to remove all personal information.
- Privacy and Security: Factory resetting helps maintain privacy and prevents the new owner from accessing your account.
- Forgetting PIN or Password: If you cannot recall your PIN or password, you can reset it by restoring your console to factory settings.
- Data Loss Warning: Keep in mind that performing a factory reset erases all personal information, so ensure you have a backup before proceeding.
- Starting Fresh: If you wish to start anew and revert your console to its original state, a factory reset can help achieve that.
How to Factory Reset PS5
You can fix problems with your PlayStation 5, like the download queue error, by giving it a hard restart. Follow these steps to get your PS5 back to how it was when you first bought it.
- Go to Settings from the Home page.
- Choose the System.
- Choose Software for the System.
- Choose to reset the options.
- Select Reset Your Console.
- Click on Reset.
How to Reset Your PS5 in Safe Mode
You can reset your PS5 in safe mode if your machine turns on but won’t load the system software.
- To turn off the computer, press the Power button.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds, or until you hear a second beep.
- Connect a PS5 joystick to the system and press the PS button.
- From the safe mode menu, choose Reset PS5. Wait until the machine starts up as usual.
How to Factory Reset PS4
If you want to reset an older piece of Sony gear, it’s also easy to wipe the PS4.
- Go to Settings from your home screen and choose Initialize.
- Choose the type of reset you want.
- Just like with the PS5, you will soon be looking at a totally empty console that you can sell without worrying about personal information or games going with it.
There are many reasons why a player might want to set their PS5 back to factory settings. Sony’s newest home system has been out for just over a year, and its library of games keeps getting bigger and better. The PS5 still has a long life ahead of it. It can play everything from AAA games to the most polished indie games. Still, the hardware has some problems. It’s normal for new consoles to come out with a few bugs that can be fixed by doing a factory reset.
Questions and Answers
Does factory reset PS4 delete everything on PS5?
When you do a factory reset on your PS4 and delete your account and all the info on it, nothing will happen on your PS5. So, if you had already signed into your PS5 and set things up there, it will be safe.
Does factory reset delete everything?
It’s important to know that a factory restart will erase everything from your phone. If you’re restarting to fix a problem, we suggest you try other things first. Find out how to fix problems with Android. After you restart your phone, you’ll need to enter your security info in order to get your data back.
What is the benefit of factory reset PS4?
If your game is crashing, glitching, freezing, or giving you save errors, a factory reset may help fix the problem. Since a factory reset will erase all of your sensitive information from your PS4 and return it to its original settings, it’s important to back up your PS4 data first.
You Might Be Interested In
How to Unblock Call using Star Code
How to Take Long Exposure Photos on iPhone and Android
How To Play Pokemon UNITE On PC
Fix: “Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Blue Screen” Error on Windows 11/10
- How to Remove Stuck Disk From PS5 and PS4
- How to Sign Into PlayStation Network on PS5 and PS4
- How to Transfer PS4 Game Data to PS5
- Trading in your old iPhone? How to wipe and factory reset it first
- How to Factory Reset an iPad
- How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
- How To Factory Reset Dell Laptop
Clinton Harding is the Editor in Charge of Phones at Compsmag. In this role, he covers everything related to mobile devices, including the components that will be used to power your next phone. You can read his perspectives on the current situation of Android phones in his reviews, editorials, and other writings on this site. He has a lot to say on the subject.